What is it?
Zinc is a metal used for galvanizing sheeting, ingredient in metal alloys, and in protective coatings.
How do I avoid it?
Avoid contact with this substance. Avoidance requires reading labels, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
• Anti-corrosive and galvanizing agent in sheet iron
• Alloys (bronze, brass, nickel, silver)
• Die casting (automobile parts, bathroom fittings, locks, toys, etc)
• Electroplating (air conditioning and ventilation ducts)
• Household utensils
• Vitamin/Mineral supplements
• Fire retardants in lumber
• Moisturizers and sunblock
• Rubber manufacturing
• Wood preservatives
• Dyes and pigments
• Agriculture fungicides
- Luminescent pigments (hands of clocks, x-ray, TV screens, and luminous paints)
- Skin care products
- Antioxidants in cosmetics
- Diaper rash cream
Other name for zinc: