What is it?
Zinc is a metal used for galvanizing sheeting, ingredient in metal alloys and in protective coatings.
How do I avoid it?
Avoid contact with this substance. Avoidance requires reading labels, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Antioxidant in cosmetics to prevent rancidity (spoilage) of products
- Alloys (bronze, brass, nickel, silver)
- Die casting (automobile parts, bathroom fittings, locks, toys, etc.)
- Electroplating (air conditioning and ventilation ducts)
- Galvanizing sheet iron
- Household utensils
- Protective coatings for iron and steel to prevent corrosion
- Vitamin / mineral supplements
- Fire retardants
- Moisturizers and sunblock
- Wood preservatives
- Dyes and pigments
- Agriculture fungicides
Other name for Zinc: