What is it?
Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide is a chemical used in rubber manufacturing, disinfectant for seeds, and used in fungicides, germicides, and insecticides
How can I avoid it?
You should avoid any contact with this substance. Avoidance reading labels, package inserts, Material Saftey Data Sheets (MSDS), and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Bacteriostat in soap
- Animal repellent
- Disinfectant for seed, nuts, fruit, and mushrooms
- Fruit and mushroom disinfectant
- Fungicide • Germicides
- Rezifilm (Squibb)
- Rubber accelerator and vulcanizer
- Seed disinfectant
- Treatment of scabies
Other names for tert-butylhydroquinone:
- Tetramethylthioperoxydicarbonic diamide
- Thioperoxydicarbonic diamide, tetramethyl
- Tetramethylthiuram disulphide
- N,N-tetramethylthiuram disulphide
- Tetramethyl thiurane disulfide
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances:
- Tetraethylthiuram disulfide
- Tetraethylthiuram monosulfide