What is it?
Sodium 2 Pyridinethiol-1-Oxide inhibits the growth of fungi, yeast, mold and bacteria.
How do I avoid it?
Avoidance requires reading the product labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Bactericide for use in cooling fluids
- Common anti-dandruff shampoos, bubble bath and hand soaps
- Preservative for cosmetic rinse off products
- Semisynthetic and synthetic oils
- Short term preservation of vinyl acetate latex paints and synthetic fiber lubricants
- Water-based printer’s ink
Other names for sodium-2-pyridinethiol-1-oxide:
- Sodium omadine
- Sodium pyrithione
- Sodium (2-pyridylthio)-N-oxide
- Na 2 pyridinethiol-1-oxide