What is it?
p-Methylaminophenol is used in black and white photographic developing and in hair dyes.
How can I avoid it?
You should avoid contact with this substance. Avoidance requires reading labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Hair colorant
- Black and white picture developing
- Dyeing of furs
Other names for p-Methylaminophenol:
- 4-Methylaminophenol Sulfate
- Methylaminophenol Sulfate
- 4-Methylaminophenol sulfate
- 4-(methylamino)phenol sulfate
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances:
- Other aminophenols
- PPD (p-phenylenediamine)