What is it?
Oleamidopropyl Dimethylamine is a surfactant/cleansing agent found in personal care products.
How can I avoid it?
Avoidance requires reading the product labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Skin Care Products / Cosmetics
- Shampoos / Conditioners
- Shaving products
- Soaps / Cleansers
- Hair dyes
- Other names for oleamidopropyl dimethylamine:
- Diamethylamonopropyl oleamide
- Lexamine 0-13
- Mazeen OA
- Schercodine O
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances:
- Ricinoleamidopropyl dimethylamine lactate
- Tallowamidopropyl dimethylamine
- Cocamidopropyl betaine