What is it?
o-Phenylphenol is a preservative and fungicide used in cosmetics, in agriculture, in cutting fluids, and in cleaning compounds. It may also be used as an intermediate in dye manufacture.
How do I avoid it?
You should avoid contact with this substance. Avoidance requires reading labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Agricultural fungicide for citrus fruits
- Germicide and fungicide in cosmetics
- Used in manufacture dye, resins, rubber chemicals, and paints
- Preservative in cooling fluids, detergents, and cleaning compounds
- Disinfectant in households, hospitals, nursing homes, farms, laundries, barber shops, and food processing plants
- Personal care
- Underarm deodorants
- Facial cleanser
Other names for o-phenylphenol:
- Dowicide 1
- Phenylphenol O