What is it?
Musk Ambette is a synthetic fixative widely used as a fragrance ingredient in perfumes, soaps, detergents, creams, lotions and dentifrices.
How can I avoid it?
Contact avoidance requires reading labels, package inserts, and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer. All fragranced products should be avoided. Personal care products used by close family members should also be fragrance free.
- Air fresheners
- Cleaning products
- Food flavoring
- Skin Care Products / Cosmetics
- Antiperspirants / Deodorants
- Powders / Sprays
- Shampoos / Conditioners
- Shaving products
- Soaps / Cleansers
Other names for Musk Ambrette:
- 2,6-dinitro-3-methoxy-1-methyl-4-tert-butyl benzene
- 2,4-dinitro-3-methyl-6-tert-butyl anisole
- 4-methoxy-1,3-dinitro-2-methyl-5-tert-butyl benzene
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances:
- Musk Xylene
- Other fragrances