What is it?
Isophorone diamine is common hardener for epoxy resin.
How do I avoid it?
You should avoid any contact with this substance. Avoidance requires reading labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and, on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Additive in adhesives and paints
- Epoxy curing agent
- Leather productions
- Lubricant additive as scale and corrosion inhibitor
- Pharmaceutical intermediates
- Polyamides for printing inks, dimer acids, textiles
- Rubber products
- Urethane and epoxy coatings for light-stable, weather-resistant properties
- Water proofing and paving concreting
- Water treatment chemicals
Other names for Isophorone diamine:
- 5-Amino-1,3,3-Trimethyl Cyclohexanemethanamine
- 1-Amino-3-aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethyl cyclohexane
- 3-Aminomethyl-3,5,5-trimethyl cyclohexylamine