What is it?
Hexylresorcinol is a synthetic substance used topically (on the skin) as an antiseptic and orally as an anti-helminthic (worming agent). It is an effective agent against many microorganisms.
How can I avoid it?
Products that contain Hexylresorcinol must be avoided. This can be accomplished by reading labels, package inserts, and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Anti-helminthic (treatment of parasitic worms)
- Throat lozenges
- Topical antiseptic
- Manufacturer of leather dyes
- Manufacturer of adhesives
- Pharmaceutical creams and lotions typically used as antiseptics
Other names for Hexylresorcinol:
- 1,3-Benzenediol, 4-Hexyl-
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances: