What is it?
Diphenylmethane-4, 4-Diisocyanate is a polyurethane resin and is used in spandex and rubber bounding.
How can I avoid it?
Avoidance requires reading the product labels, package inserts, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Foam plastics
- Glues (Gorilla Glue®)
- Polyurethane lacquers
- Polyurethane foam
- Building materials
Other names for Diphenylmethane-4, 4-Diisocyanate:
- Diisocyanato-diphenyl methane 4,4
- Methylenebis (4 phenylisocyanate)
- Crude MDI-polymethylene polyphenyl isocyanae. (PAP or PMPPI)
- Methylane diisocyanate
- Diphenyl methane diisocyanate
- 4,4’-methylenebis(phenyl isocyanate)
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances: