What is it?
Benzylbenzoate is an ingredient used in fragrances, as food additive, veterinary products and insecticide.
How can I avoid it?
Avoidance requires reading the product labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and on occasion, direct
communication with the manufacturer.
• Food additive in artificial flavors
• Antiparasitic insecticide - lice and scabies treatment
• Prepackaged food
• Veterinary preparation
Other names for Benzylbenzoate:
• Benzoic acid, benzyl ester
• Benzoic acid anhydrid
• Benzoic acid phenylmethyl ester
• Benzyl alcohol benzoic ester
• Benzyl benzoate
• Benzyl phenylformate
Potential cross-reacting/co-reacting substances:
• Balsam of Peru
• Benzoic acid
• Tolu balsam