What is it?
Ammonium Persulfate is primarily an oxidizer and bleacher in hair bleaches and in industry.
How do I avoid it?
Avoidance requires reading labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and on occasion, direct communication
with the manufacturer that potentially uses this bleaching agent in their products.
• Hair dyes
• Oxidizer and bleacher in hair bleaches
• Bread (not in U.S.) and food preservation
• Acrylamide grout and manufacture of polymethacrylate
• Analytical chemistry
• Bleaching and deodorizing oils
• Depolarizer in electric batteries
• Making of soluble starch
• Manufacturing aniline dyes
• Oxidizer for copper
• Polymerization initiator and catalyst
• Printed circuit boards
• Reducer and retarder in photography
• Antioxidant food additives
• Insecticides for fruit
Other names for Ammonium Persulfate:
• Ammonium peroxydisulfate
• Peroxydisulfuric acid, diammonium salt
• Diammonium persulfate
• Ammonia Persulfate