What is it?
2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate is an acrylic monomer. It is used in light curing polymer system and high performance coatings for
lasting high gloss against scratching, solvents and weathering.
How do I avoid it?
You should avoid any contact with this substance. Avoidance requires reading labels, package inserts, Material Safety Data Sheets
(MSDS), and, on occasion, direct communication with the manufacturer.
- Acrylic paints
- Anaerobic metal sealant
- Artificial nails
- Binder for textile & paper
- Contact lens
- Dental materials (parodontology & implantology)
- Scotchprep dental adhesive
- Scotchbond 2 light cure dental adhesive
- Hydropad of TENS unit
- Neurosurgery for vertebral fusion
- Orthopedic surgery as fillings for bone defects, hip prosthesis, osteotomy
- Reconstructive surgery
- UV-inks & coatings
- Water based paints
Other names for 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate:
- Ethylene glycol methacrylate
- Ethylene glycol monomethacrylate
- Glycol methacrylate
- Beta-hydroxyethel methacrylate
- Methacrylic acid
- 2-Hydroxy Ethyl Ester