Cracked, chafed or extremely dry skin needs special care, and a healing ointment or balm that helps hydrate and soothe the skin can offer fast relief. A balm formulated with petrolatum, hyaluronic acid and ceramides provides extra hydration and replenishes the skin’s barrier while helping to temporarily protect and relieve chafed, chapped or cracked skin. It’s important to look for a non-irritating balm when treating compromised skin, and CeraVe Healing Ointment is free of ingredients like lanolin, fragrance and preservatives.
CeraVe Healing Ointment is formulated to temporarily protect, soothe and hydrate skin as it recovers from cracking, chafing, extreme dryness or injuries such as burns, scrapes and cuts. The lightweight yet intensely hydrating formula features three essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid in a moisturizing petrolatum base. This balm is also non-comedogenic so it’s suitable for all skin types, and free of fragrance, preservatives, dyes and lanolin to minimize the risk of irritation—and it can be used as lip care, too.
- Formulated to temporarily protect, soothe and hydrate skin
- Suitable for dry, cracked and chafed skin
- Fragrance-free and lanolin-free to minimize the risk of irritation
- Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
- Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, preservative-free and dye-free
- Developed with dermatologists
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association